Friday, June 24, 2011

Yum-Scrub!

In the cold and dry climate we have here in Pretoria it's hard for me to keep my skin happy and healthy. I had some recipes for DIY body scrubs and I thought it wouldn't hurt to try. After all I have most of the ingredients in my kitchen. No need to go buy some expensive moisturizer or scrub! I found a lot of different recipes online and some helpful articles as well...( it's not a good idea to use anything you find in your kitchen!! )

Here's the concoction I made:
4 tbsp coffee ( I used "used coffee grains"
3 tbsp sugar
5 tbsp olive oil ( use just enough oil to moisten and barely cover the other ingredients )

Mix well together and store in a little jar. Voila! You have your very own body scrub.

Start out making a small amount as these scrubs won't last too long. It's also nice to add some essential oils to give your mixture that extra special touch. My scrub already had a lovely coffee scent so I didn't need to add any more. I just used this recipe last night and it was amazing! The coffee smelled so good and scented the whole bathroom. My skin felt so soft and smooth--all in all it was a success. I'll be trying different recipes in the future.
Nice article with helpful tips on how to make your own body scrub!
http://www.cancerlynx.com/bodyscrub.html
Easy-to-make recipes.
http://www.freebeautytips.org/body-scrubs.html

2 comments:

crazy_creature_caroni said...

Hey Stephie, do you have any recipes for facial scrubs? or can this one be used for facial as well?

Stephie said...

Yes, you can use this one for your face if you wish. But it might be better to make a separate scrubs for your face as it's more delicate. One scrub I like for my face is a milk and salt one. Use fine table salt (as it's more gentle) and add 2 parts of milk for each part salt--there you go! Try it and tell me what you think. xoxo