Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Children

How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these.--George Washington Carver

When I approach a child, he inspires in me two sentiments; tenderness for what he is, and respect for what he may become.--Louis Pasteur

Bitter are the tears of a child: Sweeten them.Deep are the thoughts of a child: Quiet them.Sharp is the grief of a child: Take it from him.Soft is the heart of a child: Do not harden it.--Pamela Glenconner

Photo of the Month!
Oooohhh they're just too adorable in this one. This picture got the most "votes" from people in the home. I love the adoring look Brendan is giving himself!


Brendan trying to hide under the desk.

Kiara seems to be into goofy smiles these days. Brendan looks like such a goodie-goodie boy with his hair combed to the side.


Trying to escape down the garden path...

Kiara and one of the smaller eland.

2 comments:

crazy_creature_caroni said...

Aw, Stephie, this photo is so cute. I'm so happy to get to see the kids. Brendan is so huge. My goodness...time flies, I miss them both so much.--and you of course! Thanks for making such good use of the camera. I hope we can take lots of pictures of the baby when you come here. xxx

Stephie said...

Heehee, I'm so happy you like the pictures. Nowadays when I want to take a picture of the kids I just say, "let's take a picture for Joy! Can you smile for Joy?" and it works almost everytime.