Sunday, May 9, 2010

Birthday Time

I usually don't like birthdays because they're so embarrassing. You know how it is when you're minding your own business and everyone comes into the room and bursts into song...?? Well, that's so humiliating for me, it's hard not to crawl under the table when that happens. This year wasn't so bad and once again I got to have my sisters with me to celebrate.
Phil worked it out for Joy, Audrey and I to go out and meet up with Mike and Gina. We had lunch out together. Poor Audrey was teething that day so she was a little miserable. Then Joy decided to have a cheese dinner for my birthday. We spent the last 20 minutes running around the supermarket grabbing cheese, olives, salami...etc. In the afternoon I was teaching the kids at Woodlands so I missed all the action at home. When I came home the boys had prepared a huge spread of cheeses with all the trimmings.....ahhhhh, it was wonderful. We had a nice time of fellowship together--Thank you Joy it was such a nice meal! Then Gina and Mike had to go home so they asked if I could open my presents first. It's so fun getting presents from far away. I do believe thanks are in order.

Thank You...
Papa and Mommy for the camera!
Sara for the beautiful necklace!
Mama for the jeans!

..and lets not forget the others, Thank You...
Joy for the pants.
Phil and Joy for the nicest coat ever!
Gina for treating Phil and I to Gold Reef City!

You guys are wonderful. Thank you for making my birthday special. :)

2 comments:

Anita said...

Happy Birthday Steph, glad to hear it was a nice day. Lots of love xox

Stephie said...

Thanks Anita!