Saturday, March 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Steve!

Disclaimer: I know Steve's birthday was on the 6th, but my PC having a mind of it's own decided not to connect for the past two days. But I thought better late than never.

Happy Birthday my love! You're all I could ever ask for, and more. I hope we can celebrate many more birthdays together.

Things I Love About You
I love...

Your smile

The way you hug me and hold me close

Your laugh and crazy sense of humour

Your friendship

Your honesty

The way you listen to me and try to understand me

Your big blue eyes

The way you kiss me

How you make me feel like the most special person in the world

The way you dance with me

I love you!


For Steve's birthday I wanted to surprise him. He was going to be out at work all day so I thought it would be best to surprise him in the morning before he left. The day before I had made a cake and asked Noah to buy me coffee liquor. That morning on his birthday I woke up at 6:30 so I thought I'd go downstairs ahead of him and set up the surprise. I told him that I wanted to go ahead, reheat my water bottle..etc. (that was actually true!) So I went down made frosting, decorated the cake, put out the coffee liquor for everyone. I also put together the 'happy birthday' sign Kiara and I had made for him. Then I went back upstairs to call him saying the usual, "come get breakfast, let's not be late for devotions". He had no idea! He finally came down in a few minutes and was so surprised. The look on his face was priceless--bewilderment, surprise, and embarrassment. It was so much fun to do that for you baby!

In the evening we had friends over for a relaxing birthday get-together. They ended up leaving early but we still had fun.

3 comments:

Phil said...

Gosh what a king! A stellar guy!
Happy Birthday, and wishing you many happy days!
I'm so glad you two had a good day, I love you both!

Stephie said...

Hey Phil, you'd better come to the party this week end!

Phil said...

Even if the world stops turning, and the stars fall from the sky, this star will turn up!