Saturday, March 28, 2009

Peace and Quiet

This week we had our monthly prayer day. During the afternoon I decided to take some meditation time going for a walk in our garden and the nature reserve. I hadn't gone for a leisurely walk in so long I had forgotten how peaceful and relaxing it could be. I brought my camera along to capture anything that caught my fancy.--mainly the sunset, it was beautiful.
On my way back to the house I saw a herd of antelope nearby. They hadn't seen me so I kept quiet and tried not to move. Then the wind changed and I think they caught my scent because a few of them were on the alert. A few seconds later the leader gave a snort and they all dashed off to a safer distance. They're such amazing creatures it was so cool to observe them for that short while. Here are some of my favorite shots taken that day. I love sunsets! But look for yourself and tell me which ones you like.







3 comments:

Phil said...

2068b for sure!! Beautiful shot....I love the obvious movement of the wind in the flora, the dark and light contrast, & the offset angle of the shot.
You can almost feel the wind blowing on your face bringing that soothing feeling of refreshment & peace....I love sitting amongst plants and grass, hearing nothing but the wind blowing:D

Stephie said...

I'm glad you decided on a favorite. I couldn't...I like them all!
Anyway, it's really relaxing to be out in nature. It heals and revives one's spirit.

Phil said...

Yeah they were all quite nice....I also liked the road one(#2065b).Not because it was exceptionally good, but just cuz of the idea of it.
I've always like road pics. They are so mysterious and enthralling....kinda make you wonder what lies ahead....they always call me to follow and discover new things:D.......God I'm a bit strange hehe!