Monday, June 1, 2009

A Tale of Shoes

The other day we got a bunch of random items donated to us by a friend. In the pile was a box with a pair of new Reebok tennis for girls. Steve brings them up and says, “Here babe try these on.” I’m thinking, that’s great one always needs a pair of good tennis! I pick them up out of the box and see immediately that they must be at least one or two sizes too big for me. “They’re too big for me.” I say. “What? No way! Try them on.” I try to convince him that if shoes are too big and don’t fit you then you shouldn't wear them. “What…? Size doesn't make a difference!” he says. I have nothing to say to this….it’s just too funny. Instead of some smart remark I laugh and start putting on the shoes, to make him happy.
Turns out they were a size 39 and I’m size 37. Could almost fit two of my feet in one shoe! I show Steve the obvious, and he reluctantly agrees that they’re too big for me. I laughed about this incident for quite a long time. So sweet!--He wanted me to have some new shoes so badly…he’s such a wonderful guy!

No comments: