Friday, August 28, 2009

Sister Time

I had forgotten how much fun it is to be with family. Now that the FDTP is over Gina is here staying with me. It's so fun to be with her and this is the first time it's been just the two of us. We get to spend lots of time together, and I'm trying to catch up on all the years of her life that I've missed.
Here are some recent pictures of when we ate out together.

Gina looking beautiful...

Chowing down those chips. Mmmm!
Gina's giggling because she's feeling nervous that I'm taking a picture of her eating.
At the end of our meal we got our waiter to take a few pictures of the two of us together. He didn't really know how but he tried his best and I guess they're not too bad! Gina has this bad habit of closing her eyes right when the picutre's taken. She did this a few times and we had to ask the poor guy to take quite a few before we had one with her eyes open. It was so silly we kept laughing and it was hard to stay still for the pictures.
When we were done Gina wanted some ice cream. So we went wandering off to the next restaurant to see if they had ice cream. I started asking around for ice cream and the manager or head waiter comes and starts offering all these other deserts. After hearing him out for a minute or two I finally tell him we just want ice cream. The whole time Gina is being very shy and trying to hide behind me while giggling at the same time. We sat down and started eating our yummy desert when I got a text that our ride home was here and waiting for us! Gina and I had barely starting eating from this big glass cup and now we had to go. I didn't feel like wasting all that yummyness especially since we paid for it. "Let's ask for a plastic cup!" Somehow this idea embarasses Gina but I go ahead with it anyway. I asked the waiter for a plastic cup, she looks at me with a strange look and hands me the cup. I come back to the table all triumphant, "Look we have a plastic cup! Now we can take the ice cream with us." I scoop all the ice cream in the cup and I'm ready to march off when Gina starts her giggling thing again. In between giggles I discover she wants a spoon to eat the ice cream. Oh well, nothing's too difficult to get for a little sister. So again I go to the counter and this time I ask for a plastic spoon. Weird looks are exchanged between the waiters, they don't know where are the plastic spoons or if they even have any. A cute young manager comes to the rescue and dissapears into the storage to get us our request. He comes out proudly and hands us the plastic spoon. We thank him and others before dashing out the restaurant. Once outside Gina started laughing herself silly at the whole situation, and I couldn't help but join in.

2 comments:

Jessicah said...

Oh that"s so sweet Stephie, capture that moment while you are still together. It will be an unforgetable moments in the future. God bless you girls! Have fun being together! Luv u so much! XXXX

Jessicah said...

Oh that"s so sweet Stephie, capture that moment while you are still together. It will be an unforgetable moments in the future. God bless you girls! Have fun being together! Luv u so much! XXXX