Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Pink...?

Today was laundry day and as usual Steve and I had an overflowing laundry basket. We finished most of the laundry by the afternoon and there were only a few odd bits of clothing. Steve added them all together to make one last load for the machine. (What he didn't realize was that he had added a red scarf to the clothes pile.) When it was done I went to hang up the clothes, but a something pick caught my attention. I pulled it out and discovered it was once Steve's very nice, white button-up shirt.--Now it had turned into a very pink and girly looking thing! We had a good laugh about it. Someone suggested that I might be able to get the pink out with more washings and some bleach. I continued hanging up the laundry and I found another pink article. I didn't recognize it at first, it looked like little pink shorts....? Then I realized they were Steve's white boxers! I went to him with the bad news and asked, "Will you still wear these?". Of course I expected his answer: Absolutely not!
Moral of story,(I'm sure you've guessed it): don't put red and white clothes in the machine.

No comments: