Saturday, September 19, 2009

Friday Blues

Ok, I owe it to you to tell you the truth...As you know yesterday, the 18th, I was scheduled to take my Learners test. Truth is--I failed! Yes, it's a sad truth, at least for me. I thought maybe I could get away with not telling you, but sooner or later you'd ask and I'd have to tell you. I guess the person who is most disappointed is myself. I really, really thought I'd pass. I studied the book as best as I could, did their little tests over and over again. I memorized all the rules and "this means that", I read it front to back and back to front. But no! It was my "knowledge of the road signs" that was a bit lacking. I just needed two more right answers to pass.
I've been upset and discouraged about it. Everyone has been sweet and encouraging though, I guess it helps a little. A friend even told me about someone she knew who failed the test four times! (I'm not sure if that makes me happy for myself, or sad for the person..?) I'm trying to see this whole failure in a more positive light. Learn from my mistakes and do better next time....I hope!

2 comments:

Phil said...

You never told me...I guess you knew I'd laugh (snicker). I'm kidding...you just need lessons...from me:D

Stephie said...

It was just too embarassing to tell...but now everyone knows. I think the Lord had to humble me, as I was so sure I'd pass.