Friday, April 9, 2010

"I got a verse for you"

Today I went out with Angela to see some friends, to fellowship and minister to them. We spent quite a while talking and updating them on our latest projects, and hearing about what they had been up to. Then the daughter, Olivia, pulled me aside and asked if she could show me something. She brought me to her room and we spent a while talking about her and her vision for the mission. I was able to encourage her and she was very inspired by the end.
But when we first walked in she let me listen to one of her favorite songs. Before the song was over she stopped it then said, "Hey, I don't know if this is weird, or if you'll think I'm weird but...I got a verse for you!" I was a little surprised but very eager to know what verse she had gotten for me. She looked it up and it was 1 Peter 2:9 "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of the darkness into his marvellous light."--a verse the Lord has repeatedly given to us in the Family. How cool is that?

1 comment: