Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Gardener's Guide



Gabe bought this really cool book on plants and gardening. While studying it one day I found this little piece of paper glued in one of the front pages. Obviously the former owner thought it a valuable addition to his book. This is what it said:

GARDENER'S GUIDE
BULB: Potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again.
DROUGHT: Weather immediately following planting.
HOEING: Manual method of severing roots from stems of newly planted flowers.
HOUSE PLANT: Much better idea.
PROPAGATION: Method of increasing plant population. Normally only effective with weeds.
CREEPER: Slow demolition expert.

I laughed so hard after reading that and when I showed it to Gabe he was almost rolling on the floor with laughter.
Gabe and I are sorta the "gardener freaks" in our home. He's something like a walking encyclopedia and I know quite a few weird plant names (like: phalaenopsis) courtesy of Kiara's flashcards. Anyway, I like plants...a lot. I wouldn't say that I know how to take care of a garden. I just like to, that's all.
Btw, phalaenopsis is an orchid species. So it is actually a real name and not one I made up. I have a white one that sits on my desk. It's not as fancy as the one in the picture, but I think it's beautiful.

2 comments:

Gina Rose Caroni said...

Oh Steff, so much fun! Mama was trying to tell us about it but we were like.. umm yeah wtv.. lol...oh my, haha... Yes, very essential pointers! Me likes them very much.

Gina Rose Caroni said...

Oh gosh, I have to show Mommy that. Won't she laugh!