Tuesday, December 16, 2008

News

Being here in East London has been a lot of fun, new, and challenging too.
We got to go to the beach this Monday. I love the beach! And living so far inland in Pretoria makes me like it all the more. Before coming down to East London I hadn't seen the ocean in more than a year. We only got there in the afternoon so it was windy and cold. Joy and I didn't go in the water. The cold wind didn't stop the boys though. They swam and had lots of fun while us girls kept warm on the sand. I wish I could've taken some pictures but sadly we have no camera.
Last week Joy and I did face-painting for a children's birthday party. We had never done face-painting before so this was a first. Of course like you we've painted our faces for fun or even others' faces for dress-up, but never professionally. The kids were so excited to have their faces painted even very young ones. We didn't get to do anything fancy. There were so many kids all waiting in lines so the teachers told us just to keep it simple and quick. Almost every girl wanted a butterfly and the boys wanted dogs. Some of the little one were so cute. One little girl was scared and she even started crying when getting her face painted. The hour went by so fast and before I knew it it was time to go home.
It's going pretty well at the restaurants. We've been going quite regularly to certain ones and the waiters and managers are friendly and welcoming. Today Steve and I did the lunch hour at two restaurants next to each other. I think because it was a public holiday there were so many people.--All over the mall and everywhere! Things were a bit noisy and hectic. It was a slower day with not many people wanting to buy our material. But it makes one happy for the times when it does go well.
Bev's car also broke down today so I'm not sure how this next week will pan out for us. We were counting on a vehicle to get to our different functions. Bev needs transport as well, as she does the gift wrapping at the mall everyday. I'm sure we'll make it...I don't know how, but we'll work out something.

1 comment:

Phil said...

finally a chance for exercise and hitching! God is so good eh? I'll pray for you Steph