Friday, December 19, 2008

Sisters? Twins?

I don't think that Joy and I look very much alike. I guess it's obvious we're sisters. But we don't look like twins much less the same people. Especially since going out regularly to the restaurants people keep mistaking us for the other one. It seems to happen more to me. I'll be out and one of the waiters will look at me all surprised and say, "Oh, you cut your hair!" (shock and horror in their voice) Or people will ask if I was wearing a wig last time...
Joy and Noah go as a team and Steve and I as another team. One day Steve and I did the lunch hour at Mug and Bean where Joy and Noah usually go. The waiters thought Steve was Noah without the painted clown face and they thought I was Joy with a drastic hair cut. The really funny part was the next day when Joy and Noah went back to Mug and Bean. People told Noah confidentially, "You know, the other day your girlfriend was with another guy!" (most people think Joy and Noah are engaged, don't ask me why) Joy was met with disapproving looks and someone told her, "I saw you with another guy yesterday." and basically asked "what's going on." Poor Joy had to explain that it was me(her sister), and no she wasn't cheating, and no she was not even engaged to Noah.
Well, that's life when you have a look-alike sister! But I love Joy and think she's wonderful, so I don't mind when people think I'm her.

1 comment:

Phil said...

S African ppl are funny like that eh? sisters sure, but twins?

lol they must've thot "Missionaries? yeah right! What a scam."