Friday, December 5, 2008

Temporary Residence Permit

Today is a day of miracles because...ta-ta-da-daaa...I got my visa!--or temporary residence permit as they like to call it. It's been frustrating and annoying all the trouble we've had because of trying to get this little sticker for my passport. Joy and I are finally leaving to East London tomorrow instead of today as was planned. But I don't really care because I have my visa.
Yesterday we were at the visa office all day. A sweet lady found my application papers that were lost and no one else could find. She helped us take care of the papers and said to call the next day at noon. Then we would find out if I had a visa or if I had to leave the country in 30 days. I admit was praying that I would just get a visa and that they wouldn't think up some reason to kick me out of the country.
So today rolls around and we can't get in contact with this lady so we decide to go ahead by faith to the office. Our bus tickets to East London were already booked so we needed to know. We're in the car racing down the road as we only have a small window of time before the office closes. Gabe passed me his phone and I repeatedly tried calling her. After the 4th or 5th time she picks up and Gabe talks to her for a while. Then, YES! She tells us to come in to the office because they've approved my application and I have to come and get my little sticker. Oh, that was such a happy and relieving moment. I don't have to leave the country in 30 days.

3 comments:

Jessicah said...

Wow, PTL! What an answered to prayers honey. I am so happy you got u'r visa. Hallelujah!

Phil said...

yeah thank the blessed Lord they finally came to their senses and let the greatest asset in the country stay! Now we get to keep Steph yay.....come to think of it, it doesn't profit me much in the physical since I don't' see you, but gosh just knowing that you're around these parts fills me with joy:D

Stephie said...

I was so relieved when I got that visa. Thank you for thinking and praying for me.