Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Being Mommy: Day 2

Highlights of Today

This morning I was showing Brendan flashcards and picture facts. When we were finished with that I started singing some songs. I like doing action songs for little kids, one of his favorites is "Open, Shut Them...". It's so adorable when he pauses what he's doing, whether it's playing or whining, and listens to the song. Anyway, this morning I started singing, "If You're Happy And You Know It". I sang "If you're happy and you know it clap your hands..." and when I clapped my hands he did too!--he clapped his hands with this happy/proud look on his face. I was so proud of his little accomplishment and lavished him with praise. Of course he loved that!

Later this afternoon Kiara was calling from the WC, so Brendan and I went to investigate. (of course his usual perch was on my right hip) So I helped Kiara sort out the problem......when one of the most amazing things happened! There's a little shelf in the corner and it had a piece of decor on it. One of these weird, natural seed pod things in the shape of a ball (about the size of my fist). It really looks like a ball with designs on. So Brendan was on my hip and his eyes were getting all big as he gave it a good stare down. He reached out for it making one of his little grunting noises. Then he said, "bau"! Or "ball" for those who don't speak baby. I felt like jumping up and down. He said ball!

No comments: