Thursday, April 9, 2009

Panang Curry

The other day I had a chance to make some Thai food.--My favorite! We had some Panang Curry paste hanging around the fridge so that gave me my inspiration. A few ingredients were missing, but since when did that ever stop anybody? I made coconut milk by letting a few cups of desiccated coconut soak in hot water, then squeezing out the "milk". Thanks to Joy who came at the right time and helped me with that.
It all turned out wonderful. Eating that night brought back so many childhood memories of living in Thailand or eating my dad's wonderful cooking. Papa would be so proud of me! If only he would've been here to taste the food...

Miss your cooking Papa!

3 comments:

Phil said...

A little genius in the kitchen too eh......Actually I've never had Thai food before!!

Jessicah said...

Now I can say you got inherited that cooking talent from u'r Papa,who loves good food, lol.Yes, Thai's food is so yummy that I always love to cook here too, always a hit to everyone esp. that Thai curry. He is still the best cook here, we always think of you Nini how u liked Thai's food so much.Wow, keep it up! A ways to a man's heart is thru his stomach, you've got that talent, he he he Steve, what do you say? ;)

Stephie said...

I'm telling you Phil you should come here! then I could make Thai food for you.