Thursday, November 19, 2009

Simple Joys

Okay so here's a little insight to my personality. Apparently I'm "exactly like Mort" in Madagascar and the Penguin series. So he's a male busybaby and I'm a female human...not many similarities, but let's continue. Well, the wise doctors, and scientists who have made this discovery are--my brothers and sisters!
Well, maybe in some ways they're not too far from the truth. Since being here in Reunion there are things that make me really happy: Like having a wok to cook with, instead of using a regular frying pan or trying to make a stir-fry in a large pot. The time it takes to do dishes--15 min. An unending supply of cheese! And the list goes on. Basically little things make me happy and I express that in a way that makes me sound like Mort.
Frequently I am caught saying things like: "I love washing dishes!", "Oh can I help? I love cooking!" And other such things that make me sound like Mort (ex: "I love heavy lifting!"). Now how random is that?
But Mort is such a cute, sweet, little guy. He's always thinking about others....I don't think it's such a bad thing to be like him. I find joy in the little things in life! Sometimes we're looking so hard for the big things, the exciting things in life to happen, that we miss out on the special little moments right in front of us...But it's not hard to find joy in the little things. You try it!

2 comments:

Anita said...

Hee hee, it's sort of true, though I wouldn't have thought of it. I'm so glad you have a blog. Now I can keep up with life on the other side of the world

Phil said...

Mort....I've heard that that's death in french? You're more like life silly...but you are kinda similar in the other ways lol.