Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!

"When two people fall in love, their lives become so full with all that they share--it seems as if nothing before could have ever been so complete"

"Love is what you've been through with somebody."--James Thurber

"Love is what makes two people sit in the middle of a bench when there's plenty of room at both ends."

"True love does not care for the passing of time...for time cannot change the true meaning of love."--Kimberly Rhineheart


For Valentines day I helped Kiara make cards and that was our project for the afternoon. We decided we'd start with making cards for Daddy and Mommy. I helped her cut out heart shapes and glue them on paper. I wrote what she wanted to say in pencil and she traced it with a marker of her choice. We had to be all sneaky about it because I didn't want her parents to come in the classroom and see the cards before they were ready.
She also wanted to make one for Joy, and then for me as well. "Because you're MY teacher!" she said. I wasn't really sure how to help her make a card for me. So I told her we'd make one for Joy and if there was time we could make one for me. We finished Joy's card just before dinner, so we hid the cards to let them dry(we used lots of glue).
Then on the 14th she gave out the cards...it was so much fun just watching her.

1 comment:

Jessicah said...

That's sweet of Kiara, a real Pisces girl, very loving & thoughtful! You're a good teacher Stephie! Ily honey!