Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Prayer for the Day

Dear Lord, I do not ask
That Thou should'st give me
Some high work of Thine,
Some noble calling, or some wonderous task.

Give me a little hand to hold in mine;
Give me a little chid to point the way
Over the strange, sweet path that leads to Thee.
Give me a little voice to teach to pray;
Give me two shining eyes Thy face to see.

The only crown I ask, dear Lord, to wear
Is this: That I may teach a little child.

I do not ask that I may ever stand
Among the wise, the worthy or the great;
I only ask that softly, hand in hand,
A child and I may enter at the gate.
--Author Unknown

2 comments:

Phil said...

Very moving...I've always liked this Author unknown person! Granted, his name is strange, but the things he/she comes up with are righteous.

I think I'll re-write the last stanza to reflect you better!

"You do not ask to stand with these
the lofty, great, or wise;
But just in holding said child's hand
is where the greatest honour lies."

love you nini...you're such a role-model for teachers!

Stephie said...

Ohhhh, if there's anything good in me it's only Jesus! that's all I have to say.