Friday, October 17, 2008

Little Accidents

This week Steve was swimming with the kids when he hurt his finger really bad. At first he though it was nothing but a day later it was causing lots of pain and he thought it might be broken. We tried keeping it bandaged up and Niki gave us a popsicle stick to use as a splint.--so sweet! A few days later Steve was finally able to get an x-ray of it and it turned out that it wasn't broken, praise God. Today he got it looked at and the doctors said he must have damaged some tissue or muscle inside. They didn't say much else. So I guess we'll have to let it heal by itself as there really isn't much else that can be done. I'm just happy it's not broken. Please pray that it will heal quickly and without problems.

I was cooking lunch a few days ago and I was in a hurry to get it done on time. We have a counter ledge that sticks out a lot, it's kinda weird and I'm frequently bumping into it. I was rushing to put away dishes when I walked pretty much into the ledge. Well, it was my hip that banged into the counter, not the bone but right above. Owwww! It hurt so bad. It swelled up a bit and turned into one huge bruise. It hurt to sit or even lie down. Thankfully it's all past now and my side only hurts when pressure is applied. Lesson learned: haste makes waste! But I guess you already knew that. Some people(like me)only learn the hard way.

4 comments:

Jessicah said...

Oh, sorry Steve, I hope you're all better now. Bisou!
Stephie, Look before you leap! Squeeze, don't jerk! Stop, look and listen! Just a reminder to you sweetie. ILY! Hugs & kisses-Mama

Gina Rose Caroni said...

teeheehee... poor silly Nini, always getting beat up
xxx

Stephie said...

Yeah, i'm just a clumsy person. It's amazing I haven't yet broken a bone!

Phil said...

poor little injured couple! With all those hurt hands and hips probably can't have any kind of sex either:P

I love how your mama always has something positive to say....so admirable(unlike me lol)