Sunday, October 26, 2008

New House, Unpacking, And Other Tidbits...

We have now officially moved into our new house! Since then we have been busy unpacking, cleaning, and moving heavy furniture. I carried so many heavy things that I had such a backache for a few days. It's a weird feeling, you feel sorta like an old man, only minus the grey beard and wrinkles. I wish you could see how much stuff we have. It's crazy! I felt like we should just get rid of half the stuff. It takes forever to unpack and find a place for everything...
Being in a new house takes some getting used to. The first few nights I didn't sleep so well. That's also because we have a new bed! You know how it is, all of a sudden you have new factors like: mosquitoes, strange noises, strange smells(we have a thatch roof), strange sounds. The first morning after getting up I was looking out of our balcony and I saw a bunch of blesbok(a type of antelope) grazing near our property. That was cool!
For the two days we had the moving truck Steve was in charge of all the moving. He was the "moving manager" and took care of telling the movers what to take and out what to leave, what goes on the first or second trip. Then he also had to ride with them and direct the offloading. It was such a big job and he almost missed eating meals. I had to run around and make sure he had food to eat and make him lunch, etc otherwise he wouldn't eat. I'm so proud of him though and I don't know what we would've done without him.
A few guys from other home came to help: Phil, Ben, and Ben. They did so much for us and we're so thankful to them for their help. We also had Tim to help us for a few days of the move. He was such a big help and it would've been a lot harder without him. He did cooking, carrying furniture and boxes, cleaning, and much more. Of course Joy was happy to have Tim at our house so that was a double blessing. THANK YOU GUYS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!
Pretty much everyone(except Kiara and Brendan) is suffering from extreme fatigue and aches and pains. But, praise the Lord, we did it. It's not really over yet, there's still lots more to move and arrange. The good new is, is that we've made it this far and we're still alive! I love you all and thank you for thinking and praying for us.

1 comment:

Jessicah said...

Hello to a great team! Yes, that's you my swee family! Special mention to Steve, the "moving manager", for all the hard work you did!Behind a man is a great woman, is that you my Stephie-lou? he, he, lol!New house, new adjustments honey!new beiginnings again...!